Friday 27 April 2012

Cold front

Engineers have been doing maintenance on the heating here for the last few days. It hasn't been too bad because the weather has been rainy but not too cold and we've made use of portable and fan heaters when needed.
Today though, when Ettien and I went to have breakfast I noticed that the vents were blowing cold air! As you can imagine the whole place was freezing cold within an hour!! To stop Ettien from getting a chill (his nose is already running) and allow him to have a full nap I moved his cot into the hallway.

I could hear him laughing and talking to himself when he woke up and when I went to get him he was full of smiles and giggles.

I remember being small (obviously not as small as he is) and being thrilled when I could roll around on a bed my mum had moved out from its normal place so that she could change the sheets. It felt like a mini adventure.
Kids are sad! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment